Announcing the release of v1.3 of Carbon Black Cloud Python SDK
Posted on June 7, 2021
We’re excited to announce the release of v1.3 of the Carbon Black Cloud Python SDK.
This release has breaking changes compared to the previous version (1.2.x) that will require new API keys
and possibly changes to your integration code, as well as new features and bug fixes.
User administration features
- User Management - create and modify user accounts.
The SDK provides functions that make using the APIs more intuitive and aligned to common use cases.
- Access Profiles - extends User Management for customers in multi-tenant Carbon Black Cloud environments.
- Example scripts are included in examples/platform in the
GitHub repository and a guide will be added to
- The Authentication requirements for the API key are described with the User Management
and Access Profile pages.
Live Response has Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and requires a custom access level
- In the May 2021 Carbon Black Cloud release, Live Response was updated to have fine grained RBAC.
This has been added to the CBC Python SDK in release 1.3.0.
has a quick start guide for SDK users, and full detail of the calls available and permissions needed is with
the API descriptions.
- Because of the change in API Access Level type to support custom RBAC permissions, previous integrations will need
a new API key. There are other small changes to standardize with other Carbon Black Cloud APIs.
- There is a porting guide in Read-the-docs.
Search for Enriched Events by the Alert they are related to.
Vulnerabilities implementation updated
- The model has been simplified
- This will break existing integrations - details of changes are in the CBC SDK Changelog.
Examples of exporting Dashboards have been added
What’s coming next?
- Additional guides and tutorials. Fill in the survey
to tell us what you would like to see.
Where to find the Carbon Black Cloud SDK and information:
Have questions or feedback?
Open an issue in the GitHub Repository
or check out other ways to contact us.