Announcing the Public Cloud Account Management API for Carbon Black Cloud Workload
Posted on October 23, 2023
VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload for Public Cloud provides the ability to secure AWS workloads while simplifying the overhead of AWS account management. Core capabilities include:
- Single and multiple AWS account management.
- Auto-generated CI-CD agent installation packages.
- Enhanced visibility into inventory of protected and unprotected workloads.
Prior to the Carbon Black Cloud Workload for Public Cloud, Amazon EC2 instances were treated as Endpoints. We recommend updating the Carbon Black sensor to the latest sensor version prior to enabling the Carbon Black Cloud Workload for Public Cloud. These sensors can also be upgraded after the Carbon Black Cloud Workload for Public Cloud is enabled.
These APIs enable Infosec and AWS administrators to easily manage their AWS accounts and regions. They can:
- Add a single account.
- Leverage bulk import of accounts to facilitate quick onboarding of existing AWS accounts.
- Search and export onboarded AWS accounts and regions into an easy-to-consume format.
- Carbon Black Cloud Workload
- Minimum sensor versions: Version: 3.8 (Windows) & 2.13 (Linux).